Rez Download + Install
Note1: the Rez.jar needs to be in the CLASSPATH when running Rez - as settings
in the example batch files.
- Download Rez.zip and unzip it.
- Download and install Java jre or sdk 1.2 or later (I use jdk1.4)
- Install the java sdk (.e.g. by running the .exe on a Windows system)
- Work out which plugins you need (e.g. ParseTopo for gtopo30 input and the
"standard" plugin directory for standard vrml output).
- Find the sample .bat and config files that are provided in the exampleRunFiles
directory (e.g. gtopo2standard.bat and gtopo2StdConfig.txt)
- Read the guide doco. to gain an understanding of the parameter meanings
and look at the two sample run files files to be sure you understand them.
Adjust the parameters in both files to suit. Also look at the simpleVRMLExample.zip for a complete example.
- run Rez (e.g. through a batch file on Windows). If you do not get
the output you want you can contact me...: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For displaying VRML files produced by Rez install the Blaxxun Contact browser
plugin from developer.blaxxun.com/download/index.html
Note2: Rez should now be portable to non Windows operating systems like Unix as
file path handling has been made portable.
For general grid style height fields: the ASCI plugins can be used to parse
a simple ASCI grid height field and the bil parser can be used for binary (16
bit float) height fields.
For ASCI input the file needs a ".asc" extension and the header information
needed at the beginning of the ASCI files like:
For binary (bil) input the file may need teh extension changed to .dem and
it needs an associated header file with a ".hdr" extension and the header information
needed at the beginning of the asci files like:
UTM Zone 55
Currently byteorder is ignored but there is a swapBytes flag. nbands,
utm zone and datum are currently ignored.